    What bugs me is sometimes IE will report the line number and a message, and
    then other times it's the standard "The page can't be displayed."

    When you have hundreds of lines of code, how can you fight this?

    Scott, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Scott

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Scott wrote:
    > I'm coding in classic asp and can't figure how to get IE6 to display some
    > kind of descriptive message about code errors? I have the correct settings
    > under ADVANCED in IE's options selected.
    >
    > What bugs me is sometimes IE will report the line number and a message, and
    > then other times it's the standard "The page can't be displayed."
    >
    > When you have hundreds of lines of code, how can you fight this?

    make sure IE is set to show them as well, beyond that look at things
    like OPTION EXPLICIT. Check out www.aspfaq.com for hints but in general
    its not all that easy... sadly....

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com

    Curt_C [MVP], Jun 27, 2005

  3. Scott

    PJones Guest

    one way
    http://powerasp.com/content/new/on-error-resume-next.asp

    PJones, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Scott

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:12:49 -0500, "Scott" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm coding in classic asp and can't figure how to get IE6 to display some
    >kind of descriptive message about code errors? I have the correct settings
    >under ADVANCED in IE's options selected.
    >
    >What bugs me is sometimes IE will report the line number and a message, and
    >then other times it's the standard "The page can't be displayed."
    >
    >When you have hundreds of lines of code, how can you fight this?

    Well, sometimes there isn't a line with an error. You can do
    rudimentary error trapping, but testing discrete blocks of code is the
    only way to track down some coding errors. Use liberal
    Response.Writes to say "Got here in the code" as well.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jun 28, 2005