How to find memory leaks?

Divick

Hi all,
can somebody suggest me what memory leak detection tool exist
for 64 bit Linux platforms and which is better. I am facing problem
while running a 64 bit application. GDB is not of much use as it shows
the error at different places in code everytime. I have no clue what am
I doing wrong and where. Now I have no idea that how shall I narrow
down the problem.

Any ideas/ suggestion?

Thanks,
Divick

Victor Bazarov

Divick said:
can somebody suggest me what memory leak detection tool exist
for 64 bit Linux platforms and which is better. [..]

Wouldn't a Linux newsgroup be a better place to ask such question?