How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6 or 1.5 it was compiled?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gianni Galore, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. Assume I got a *.class file.

    Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g. 1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class
    file was previously compiled?

    Gianni
     
    Gianni Galore, Aug 4, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6 or1.5 it was compiled?

    Gianni Galore wrote:
    > Assume I got a *.class file.
    >
    > Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g. 1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class
    > file was previously compiled?
    >


    Cross-posting is not terrible, but usually it's enough to post your
    query in one newsgroup or another without cross-posting. That's
    especially true for comp.lang.java.programmer and comp.lang.java.help
    which have substantially the same readership.

    You did do the cross-post exactly correctly, mind you. No complaints
    there. It just probably didn't do very much to help you.

    --
    Lew
     
    Lew, Aug 4, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or1.5 it was compiled?

    On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 09:27:04 -0700, Lew wrote:

    > Gianni Galore wrote:
    >> Assume I got a *.class file.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g. 1.5upd14 or
    >> v1.6.upd20) this *.class file was previously compiled?
    >>

    > Cross-posting is not terrible, but usually it's enough to post your
    > query in one newsgroup or another without cross-posting. That's
    > especially true for comp.lang.java.programmer and comp.lang.java.help
    > which have substantially the same readership.
    >
    > You did do the cross-post exactly correctly, mind you. No complaints
    > there. It just probably didn't do very much to help you.


    That's absolutely fascinating, but it's also completely irrelevant as a
    response to "Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g.
    1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class file was previously compiled?"

    HTH.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 16, 2010
    #3
  4. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    Lew wrote:
    >> You did do the cross-post exactly correctly, mind you. No complaints
    >> there. It just probably didn't do very much to help you.


    ClassCastException wrote:
    > That's absolutely fascinating, but it's also completely irrelevant as a
    > response to "Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g.
    > 1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class file was previously compiled?"


    Wrong.

    --
    Lew
     
    Lew, Aug 16, 2010
    #4
  5. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:35:47 -0400, Lew wrote:

    > Lew wrote:
    >>> You did do the cross-post exactly correctly, mind you. No complaints
    >>> there. It just probably didn't do very much to help you.

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> That's absolutely fascinating, but it's also completely irrelevant as a
    >> response to "Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g.
    >> 1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class file was previously compiled?"

    >
    > Wrong.


    No, not wrong. Your comments about cross-posting correctly do, indeed,
    have ****-all to do with determining the version of Java used to compile
    an in-hand .class file.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 17, 2010
    #5
  6. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    ClassCastException wrote:
    >>> That's absolutely fascinating, but it's also completely irrelevant as a
    >>> response to "Is there a way to find out with which java version (e.g.
    >>> 1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class file was previously compiled?"


    Lew wrote:
    >> Wrong.


    ClassCastException wrote:
    > No, not wrong. Your comments about cross-posting correctly do, indeed,
    > have ****-all to do with determining the version of Java used to compile
    > an in-hand .class file.


    You are mistaken.

    --
    Lew
     
    Lew, Aug 17, 2010
    #6
  7. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:40:27 -0400, Lew wrote:

    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >>>> That's absolutely fascinating, but it's also completely irrelevant as
    >>>> a response to "Is there a way to find out with which java version
    >>>> (e.g. 1.5upd14 or v1.6.upd20) this *.class file was previously
    >>>> compiled?"

    >
    > Lew wrote:
    >>> Wrong.

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> No, not wrong. Your comments about cross-posting correctly do, indeed,
    >> have ****-all to do with determining the version of Java used to
    >> compile an in-hand .class file.

    >
    > You are mistaken.


    Simply repeating a claim after it's been disproved, without even
    attempting to provide some actual evidence and some actual arguments to
    support it, does not accomplish much.

    It does, mind you, make you look like a small, petulant child, FWIW.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 17, 2010
    #7
  8. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    ClassCastException wrote:
    >>> No, not wrong. Your comments about cross-posting correctly do, indeed,
    >>> have ****-all to do with determining the version of Java used to
    >>> compile an in-hand .class file.



    Your own post is similarly relevant as mine. Both of us sought to improve the
    user's experience by pointing out some metainformation about the communication
    channel. Neither of us answered the query directly, true, but both of us
    wanted to increase the reach and power of the query, thus empowering it. By
    pointing out with positive reinforcement that the OP had used cross-posting
    correctly, albeit perhaps not usefully, I was providing meta-information that
    will improve his results in all communications through the news group. By
    pointing out what you perceive as off-purpose communication, you clearly hope
    to reduce the signal-to-noise ratio thus helping relevant information stand
    out more clearly. Bully for you.

    --
    Lew
     
    Lew, Aug 17, 2010
    #8
  9. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:59:03 -0400, Lew wrote:

    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >>>> No, not wrong. Your comments about cross-posting correctly do,
    >>>> indeed, have ****-all to do with determining the version of Java used
    >>>> to compile an in-hand .class file.

    >
    > Your own post is similarly relevant as mine.


    My post was relevant to the body text of the post it was directly
    replying to. Yours was not.

    > Both of us sought to improve the user's experience by pointing out some
    > metainformation about the communication channel.


    Q: How do I know which Java version compiled this class file?
    A: something about crossposting

    Yeah, real "improvement" to the user experience there. If the user's an
    avid collector of non sequiturs, anyway.

    > Neither of us answered the query directly, true


    You didn't answer it even indirectly. Your post said nothing at all about
    versioning of class files. And whereas mine also didn't, mine was also
    NOT a direct followup to the OP.

    > By pointing out with positive reinforcement that the OP had used cross-
    > posting correctly, albeit perhaps not usefully, I was providing meta-
    > information that will improve his results in all communications through
    > the news group.


    I think it would have improved his results a lot more had your initial
    followup contained an actual answer to his question.

    > By pointing out what you perceive as off-purpose communication, you
    > clearly hope to reduce the signal-to-noise ratio thus helping relevant
    > information stand out more clearly. Bully for you.


    ITYM increase the signal-to-noise ratio.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 17, 2010
    #9
  10. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    ClassCastException wrote:
    > I think it would have improved his results a lot more had your initial
    > followup contained an actual answer to his question.


    Have you been reading this thread? (That's a rhetorical question.) I not
    only answered his question first, I was first to answer his question. My
    comments about cross-posting were sent nearly an hour later. Here's what I said,
    > <http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jvms/second_edition/html/ClassFile.doc.html>
    > The first four bytes of the class file comprise the magic number
    > 0xCAFEBABE (unsigned int).
    > The next two bytes comprise the minor version number of the class file
    > format (unsigned short).
    > The next two bytes comprise the major version number of the class file
    > format (unsigned short).
    >
    > The major and minor versions tell you what version of Java can run the
    > class file, but not necessarily which version produced it. I don't
    > know of any way to get at the Java version that compiled it, but you
    > can live without that information anyway.
    >
    > Class file formats do not change between minor Java version updates,
    > and not even necessarily between major Java version updates.
    >
    > You should know that Java 5u14 and 6u20 lack certain critical bug and
    > security fixes and you should upgrade to the latest available versions
    > of those products, updates 22 and 21, respectively. (Java 5 has been
    > frozen for public use at update 22, having reached its end-of-service-
    > life on November 3, 2009, though paying customers can get more recent
    > updates. Yes, that's right, Java 5 has been officially obsolete for
    > nine months, a fact that your customers who are only just now
    > upgrading from their obsolete 8 1/2-year-old version to the obsolete
    > nearly-6-year-old version really should find out.)
    >
    > You can find which major class file versions correspond to which Java
    > versions at
    > <http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javaclassformat.html>


    Note that I answered in detail and provided links for further information.

    The mindprod site cited is a good summary.

    --
    Lew
    I accept your apology.
     
    Lew, Aug 17, 2010
    #10
  11. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:17:56 -0400, Lew wrote:

    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> I think it would have improved his results a lot more had your initial
    >> followup contained an actual answer to his question.

    >
    > Have you been reading this thread?


    Yes -- every post of it.

    > I not only answered his question first, I was first to answer his
    > question. My comments about cross-posting were sent nearly an hour
    > later.


    That's simply not true. This thread consists of:

    <4c59775a$0$6889$-online.net> -- the OP
    <> --
    your comments about crossposting
    <i4ahlk$2gf$-september.org> -- me
    <i4bbak$msd$> -- your reply to me
    <i4cs67$j58$-september.org> -- back and forth...
    <i4csq8$vb3$>
    <i4ctk9$j58$-september.org>
    <i4ctvr$m4$>
    <i4cud0$j58$-september.org>
    <i4cv0i$2l9$> -- your latest post
    and <> -- Roedy attempting to
    answer the question

    That's it. Every post by you is either the cross-posting comment or a
    descendant of that and none of them answer the OP's question. Eternal-
    September currently has 11 posts of this thread -- about to become 12.

    If you did post anything else to this thread, it failed to propagate.

    I notice you make most of your posts through Albasani, but your initial
    cross-post comment was posted via Google Groups. I suspect you'd resort
    to Google Groups only if something was wrong with Albasani at the time.
    Perhaps you attempted to post an actual answer to the OP's problem via
    Albasani just as it developed technical difficulties, and Albasani
    claimed the post was successful and perhaps did spool it locally but
    failed to propagate it due to the precise timing of the fault?
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 17, 2010
    #11
  12. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    ClassCastException wrote:
    >>> I think it would have improved his results a lot more had your initial
    >>> followup contained an actual answer to his question.


    Lew wrote:
    >> Have you been reading this thread? (That's a rhetorical question.)


    ClassCastException wrote:
    > Yes -- every post of it.


    Apparently not, as your responses /infra/ show. Also, I pointed out that the
    question was rhetorical. How interesting that you chose to answer anyway.

    Lew wrote:
    >> I not only answered his question first, I was first to answer his
    >> question. My comments about cross-posting were sent nearly an hour
    >> later.


    ClassCastException wrote:
    > That's simply not true. This thread consists of:


    It simply is true.

    You're just being fractious to be a troll.

    > That's it. Every post by you is either the cross-posting comment or a


    Wrong. I quoted the post in its entirety. I got that quote from Usenet, from
    the post I put up on 8/4 at 15:33 Z. Did you read my quote? Your argument is
    based on false premises. I conclude that you are just being argumentative.

    > descendant of that and none of them answer the OP's question. Eternal-


    Except my first one, which for some reason you missed or suppressed.

    > September currently has 11 posts of this thread -- about to become 12.


    I count 17 about to become 18 with this here post right here. You should get
    your ISP straightened out.

    Your count is waaaaay off. ASre you sure you

    > If you did post anything else to this thread, it failed to propagate.


    How generous of you to allow, but it propagated just fine.
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_thread/thread/c8afff58b21f093c#>
    shows it, for example.

    > I notice you make most of your posts through Albasani, but your initial
    > cross-post comment was posted via Google Groups. I suspect you'd resort
    > to Google Groups only if something was wrong with Albasani at the time.
    > Perhaps you attempted to post an actual answer to the OP's problem via
    > Albasani just as it developed technical difficulties, and Albasani
    > claimed the post was successful and perhaps did spool it locally but
    > failed to propagate it due to the precise timing of the fault?


    I still see my original post nearly two weeks later, both from Albasani and
    from GG (the latter linked from this post).

    --
    Lew
    Last chance for me to accept your apology.
     
    Lew, Aug 17, 2010
    #12
  13. Gianni Galore

    Lars Enderin Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On 2010-08-17 15:19, Lew wrote:
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >>>> I think it would have improved his results a lot more had your initial
    >>>> followup contained an actual answer to his question.

    >
    > Lew wrote:
    >>> Have you been reading this thread? (That's a rhetorical question.)

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> Yes -- every post of it.

    >
    > Apparently not, as your responses /infra/ show. Also, I pointed out
    > that the question was rhetorical. How interesting that you chose to
    > answer anyway.
    >
    > Lew wrote:
    >>> I not only answered his question first, I was first to answer his
    >>> question. My comments about cross-posting were sent nearly an hour
    >>> later.

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> That's simply not true. This thread consists of:

    >
    > It simply is true.
    >
    > You're just being fractious to be a troll.
    >
    >> That's it. Every post by you is either the cross-posting comment or a

    >
    > Wrong. I quoted the post in its entirety. I got that quote from
    > Usenet, from the post I put up on 8/4 at 15:33 Z. Did you read my
    > quote? Your argument is based on false premises. I conclude that you
    > are just being argumentative.
    >
    >> descendant of that and none of them answer the OP's question. Eternal-

    >
    > Except my first one, which for some reason you missed or suppressed.
    >
    >> September currently has 11 posts of this thread -- about to become 12.

    >
    > I count 17 about to become 18 with this here post right here. You
    > should get your ISP straightened out.
    >
    > Your count is waaaaay off. ASre you sure you
    >
    >> If you did post anything else to this thread, it failed to propagate.

    >
    > How generous of you to allow, but it propagated just fine.
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_thread/thread/c8afff58b21f093c#>
    >
    > shows it, for example.
    >
    >> I notice you make most of your posts through Albasani, but your initial
    >> cross-post comment was posted via Google Groups. I suspect you'd resort
    >> to Google Groups only if something was wrong with Albasani at the time.
    >> Perhaps you attempted to post an actual answer to the OP's problem via
    >> Albasani just as it developed technical difficulties, and Albasani
    >> claimed the post was successful and perhaps did spool it locally but
    >> failed to propagate it due to the precise timing of the fault?

    >
    > I still see my original post nearly two weeks later, both from Albasani
    > and from GG (the latter linked from this post).
    >

    For the record:
    I see only 12 posts in this thread (in comp.lang.java.programmer). I
    don't subscribe to comp.lang.java.help, and I don't see your first reply
    to the OP. My ISP is albasani, and my news reader is Thunderbird 3.0.6
    (Linux X86_64). It shows links to the rest of the thread. The links are
    numbered 1-11. Number 2 is
    <>.
     
    Lars Enderin, Aug 17, 2010
    #13
  14. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6 or1.5 it was compiled?

    Lew wrote:
    >> I still see my original post nearly two weeks later, both from Albasani
    >> and from GG (the latter linked from this post).

    >


    Lars Enderin wrote:
    > For the record:
    > I see only 12 posts in this thread (in comp.lang.java.programmer). I
    > don't subscribe to comp.lang.java.help, and I don't see your first reply
    > to the OP.
    >


    Then you are deliberately counting the wrong group.

    Given that the OP posted with a followup to clj.help, that would be
    where you would expect replies to appear and whence you would get the
    authoritative and accurate count of posts. ClassCastException was
    being just a tad disingenuous in discounting my reply simply because
    it showed up exactly where the OP wanted.

    This does illustrate the relevance of my comment about cross-posting.
    People don't even know what was said in the conversation because of
    it, for pity's sake.

    --
    Lew
     
    Lew, Aug 17, 2010
    #14
  15. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:19:44 -0400, Lew wrote:

    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >>>> I think it would have improved his results a lot more had your
    >>>> initial followup contained an actual answer to his question.

    >
    > Lew wrote:
    >>> Have you been reading this thread? (That's a rhetorical question.)

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> Yes -- every post of it.

    >
    > Apparently not, as your responses /infra/ show.


    Apparently yes, since I just enumerated every single post to this thread
    that Eternal-September has in its spool.

    > Also, I pointed out that the question was rhetorical. How interesting
    > that you chose to answer anyway.


    Because you were drawing a wrong conclusion that needed to be corrected.

    > Lew wrote:
    >>> I not only answered his question first, I was first to answer his
    >>> question. My comments about cross-posting were sent nearly an hour
    >>> later.

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> That's simply not true. This thread consists of:

    >
    > It simply is true.


    It simply isn't. I listed off, citing message-IDs, every single post in
    this thread at that time, and not one of them was by you and answering
    the OP's question.

    I don't know why you persist in claiming that there's an additional post
    to this thread, given how easy it is to see that there is not.

    > You're just being fractious to be a troll.


    Incorrect.

    >> That's it. Every post by you is either the cross-posting comment or a

    >
    > Wrong.


    No, not wrong.

    > I quoted the post in its entirety.


    What you "quoted" did not, apparently, actually exist in this thread
    until you "quoted" it.

    > I got that quote from Usenet, from the post I put up on 8/4 at 15:33
    > Z.


    You got that quote directly out of your butt, from what I can tell.
    Certanly there is no post in this thread by you dated 8/4 15:33 Z. The
    first post to this thread is by Gianni Galore dated 8/4 14:21 Z and the
    second post to this thread is by you dated 8/4 16:27 Z. There's nothing
    in between.

    > Did you read my quote?


    Yes, not that it mattered since the post you were "quoting" doesn't exist.

    > Your argument is based on false premises.


    No, yours is -- yours is predicated on the assumption that we'll just
    believe in your phantom 15:33 post even when it doesn't actually appear
    in this thread and all we have to support the notion that you even wrote
    and *attempted* to send such a post is your self-serving word for it.

    > I conclude that you are just being argumentative.


    That's funny, because from where I'm sitting it looks like *you* are just
    being argumentative.

    >> descendant of that and none of them answer the OP's question. Eternal-

    >
    > Except my first one, which for some reason you missed or suppressed.


    I did neither. It does not exist, or, at the very least, Eternal-
    September does not have it.

    >> September currently has 11 posts of this thread -- about to become 12.

    >
    > I count 17 about to become 18 with this here post right here.


    Incorrect. At that time it was 12 about to become 13.

    > You should get your ISP straightened out.


    I'm not using my ISP's news server. I'm using Eternal-September. It now
    has 15 posts in this thread, about to become 16.

    > Your count is waaaaay off.


    No, *your* count is waaaaay off.

    > ASre you sure you


    What?

    >> If you did post anything else to this thread, it failed to propagate.

    >
    > How generous of you to allow, but it propagated just fine.


    Obviously not, or I'd have read it.

    If, that is, you even posted it at all, for which (again) we have only
    your word.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 18, 2010
    #15
  16. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:58:02 -0700, Lew wrote:

    > Lew wrote:
    >>> I still see my original post nearly two weeks later, both from
    >>> Albasani and from GG (the latter linked from this post).

    >>
    >>

    > Lars Enderin wrote:
    >> For the record:
    >> I see only 12 posts in this thread (in comp.lang.java.programmer). I
    >> don't subscribe to comp.lang.java.help, and I don't see your first
    >> reply to the OP.
    >>
    >>

    > Then you are deliberately counting the wrong group.


    He -- and I -- are deliberately counting the group we are actually
    reading and not some other group.

    > Given that the OP posted with a followup to clj.help,


    He did? That's news to me. But then, it's not visible when just casually
    reading the post, and since I didn't know how to answer the OP's
    question, I never hit 'f' while reading it.

    > ClassCastException was being just a tad disingenuous in discounting my
    > reply simply because it showed up exactly where the OP wanted.


    That statement is incorrect in multiple ways. I discounted your reply
    because it did not show up at all, at least not that I ever saw. In fact
    this is the first you've claimed to have posted it only to cljh and not
    to cljp. Since your reply that I did see was posted to both, there was no
    logical reason why any hypothetical other post of yours wouldn't also
    have been.

    > This does illustrate the relevance of my comment about cross-posting.
    > People don't even know what was said in the conversation because of it,
    > for pity's sake.


    Funnily enough, your usual complaint is that *multi*posting will result
    in such confusion. Apparently so will crossposting if you drop some
    groups from followups, and especially if you do so from *some* followups
    and not others. Indeed, you made statements about your past posts that
    are apparently true if read in comp.lang.java.help and false if read in
    comp.lang.java.programmer! The statements in question should either have
    been rephrased or posted only to cljh to avoid their being untrue in some
    of the contexts in which they'd be read.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 18, 2010
    #16
  17. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On 08/17/2010 10:50 PM, ClassCastException wrote:
    >>> If you did post anything else to this thread, it failed to propagate.


    Lew wrote:
    >> How generous of you to allow, but it propagated just fine.


    ClassCastException wrote:
    > Obviously not, or I'd have read it.
    >
    > If, that is, you even posted it at all, for which (again) we have only
    > your word.


    Wrong. You deliberately clipped the line from my post just after "it
    propagated just fine":

    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_thread/thread/c8afff58b21f093c#>
    > shows it, for example.


    which shows that you are a troll and a bounder.

    --
    Lew
     
    Lew, Aug 19, 2010
    #17
  18. Gianni Galore

    Lew Guest

    Lew, Aug 19, 2010
    #18
  19. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    Lew wrote:
    > Lew wrote:
    >>> which shows that you are a troll and a bounder.

    >
    > Alan Gutierrez wrote:
    >> What's a bounder?

    >
    > http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bounder
    > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bounder
    > http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bounder
    >
    > or choose your own favorite dictionary.


    How embarrassing. I searched for "bounder usenet" thinking it was part
    of online forum/moderation nomenclature. Who would have thought to look
    in the dictionary?

    --
    Alan Gutierrez - - http://twitter.com/bigeasy
     
    Alan Gutierrez, Aug 19, 2010
    #19
  20. Re: How to find out from *.class file with which Java version 1.6or 1.5 it was compiled?

    On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:28:22 -0400, Lew wrote:

    > On 08/17/2010 10:50 PM, ClassCastException wrote:
    >>>> If you did post anything else to this thread, it failed to propagate.

    >
    > Lew wrote:
    >>> How generous of you to allow, but it propagated just fine.

    >
    > ClassCastException wrote:
    >> Obviously not, or I'd have read it.
    >>
    >> If, that is, you even posted it at all, for which (again) we have only
    >> your word.

    >
    > Wrong.


    No, not wrong.

    > You deliberately clipped the line from my post just after "it
    > propagated just fine":
    >
    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_thread/

    thread/c8afff58b21f093c#>

    I clipped that line because it's irrelevant. The topic of our discussion
    was THIS thread, in comp.lang.java.PROGRAMMER. You linked to a thread in
    comp.lang.java.HELP, a group I don't even read. Obviously anything you
    posted (solely) there I won't have seen, nor will lots of other people.

    > which shows that you are a troll and a bounder.


    I'm not the one who has resorted to namecalling and similarly childish
    antics in this dispute.
     
    ClassCastException, Aug 19, 2010
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. marcus
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    355
    marcus
    Jun 6, 2004
  2. Kenny
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    469
    Kenny
    Jun 2, 2004
  3. V Green
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    863
    V Green
    Feb 5, 2008
  4. PA Bear [MS MVP]
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    973
    PA Bear [MS MVP]
    Feb 5, 2008
  5. lander
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    599
    bruce barker
    Mar 5, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page