How to find out the name of the virtual directory in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Amir Eshterayeh, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Dear Friends
    How things going well. I have a question. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

    I like to give our customers a web site in our site i.e

    www.ourdomain.com/JackSalume
    www.ourdomain.com/JanetWilson
    www.ourdomain.com/CarenAnderson

    All the customers use the same template i.e
    their home page contains a picture and some text and the
    other pages contains our cutomers products

    I like to use ASP.NET for implementing the customer pages

    The customer have an admin pannel to upload files and write the
    text that shows in his home page I mean he/she can customize his/her web
    page I mean the contents of the files in the Virtual Directory with his/her
    name

    I want to put all the ASP.NET page in a directory called customers
    but at the same time, want to let customers see their files at thier
    directory not at customer folder
    I think I must use frames. do you know how ?
    Also
    I want to find out the name of the customer from the virtual directory name
    so I can make his /her web site by using the ASP.NET pages in customer
    folder so how can I access the the name of the virtual directory in ASP.NET
    code?
    Any Commnets to better implement this site?

    Thank you very much
    Amir Eshterayeh
    Amir Eshterayeh, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Amir Eshterayeh

    Dan Ignatov Guest

    Hi, Amir.
    I may be a little abroad, but your design has a security hole: how you will
    protect the customer's files from another customer? How the system will
    determine that the logged user has an appropriate rights to upload files?
    By your design anybody can do anything - this is not good thing even for
    intranet.
    --
    Thanks,
    Dan Ignatov

    Dan Ignatov, Oct 1, 2003

  3. you should
    a) get sharepoint - it is included in Windows Server 2003 and does this sort
    of thing
    b) please do not cross post

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Oct 2, 2003