    Please tell me some tool to generate the call graph.gprof cannot be
    used since the program is not run.

    , Apr 7, 2006

  2. Flash Gordon Guest

    Re: How to find out the names of uncalled functions from object filesthat are dynamically linked?

    wrote:
    > I want to find out the unused function names from the object files that
    > are dynamically linked later.the object files are generated from C
    > code.
    > Please tell me some tool to generate the call graph.gprof cannot be
    > used since the program is not run.

    Whether the object files are generated from C, B, D or any other
    language does not make a difference. This is a question about tools for
    your specific system, so please ask on a group dealing with your system
    rather than a group dealing only with standard C.

    Flash Gordon, Apr 7, 2006

  3. On UNIX/Linux systems you can use 'nm <your executable>' to look at the
    symbol table
    in your executable. It will show you each symbol and it's description.
    Symbols
    starting with a 'U' (undefined) will be resolved by the runtime link
    loader and they
    are what you're looking for.

    Chandra Kalle, Apr 13, 2006