how to find the fastest cpan mirror site?

XiaotingHua

i will mirror CPAN to our intranet.and i looked at the CPAN FAQ,and find how to mirror the CPAN site.i will try to use rsync.and the faq also give out the command and some sites.but i can't decide choose which one.

and then i use the perl of module Geo::IPfree to find the country which the site in. but that is useless ,for the distance is not equal to the speed.

would you like to give me some advises? thank you.

Anno Siegel

XiaotingHua said:
i will mirror CPAN to our intranet.and i looked at the CPAN FAQ,and find
how to mirror the CPAN site.i will try to use rsync.and the faq also
give out the command and some sites.but i can't decide choose which one.

and then i use the perl of module Geo::IPfree to find the country which
the site in. but that is useless ,for the distance is not equal to the
speed.

would you like to give me some advises? thank you.

What's the big worry? Start with a sensible choice based on geographical
closeness. If it works in reasonable time, stick with it. If it doesn't,
try another.

Anno