How to find the source code of packet inside java?

5

525

Q: How to find the source code of package inside java?

For example, we got the Class ArrayList in java.util.ArrayList, then
how to find the source code of each method the class ArrayList
provides?

Joshua Cranmer

525 said:
Q: How to find the source code of package inside java?

For example, we got the Class ArrayList in java.util.ArrayList, then
how to find the source code of each method the class ArrayList
provides?

1. Go to the folder pointed to by JAVA_HOME (i.e., the JRE's directory).
2. Open up the src.zip file.
3. Navigate to java/util/ArrayList.java. Read.

(WARNING: Limited only to classes provided by the JRE.)

Mark Space

525 said:
Q: How to find the source code of package inside java?

For example, we got the Class ArrayList in java.util.ArrayList, then
how to find the source code of each method the class ArrayList
provides?

Joshua is correct.

However, if you have NetBeans, you just press Ctrl-B on the method or
class and the source code is opened up automagically for you. It's not
something you should need to use often, but it's very convenient when
you want to take a peak at how something is implemented.