How to find uploaded data size from content-length

Asterbing

If you read the documentation that the author of the CGI module
included with its distribution, you will find:

AUTHOR INFORMATION

Copyright 1995-1998, Lincoln D. Stein. All rights reserved.

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

"Modification" is not "copy".

When you "modify", you let the orignal copyright and add something
telling you've changed something as, for example, "TheProg v1.0 MODIFIED
(c) John Doe, 2004 with modification by Joe Smith on 1th of April 2005
(all marked #JD_MOD)"

When you "copy", you extract a code part from source to your own one and
the, by that way, forget the original author... Unless if you add (do
you ?) something like a greeting like : "Thanks to John Doe for his
prog.cgi on which my upload code is based"

So, the formula "you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same
terms as Perl itself" doesn't talk about copy, but modificaton only !

Asterbing

Asterbing schreef:

I don't see why not. It is also a great language for writing scripts in:
http://www.tinycc.org

I didn't say that C was unable to write a server script, but that it's
originally a compiled language and, that, by that way, you've not access
to source code unless if the author deliberately exposes it (for eample
if it's in an open source spirit).

Dr.Ruud

Asterbing schreef:
(e-mail address removed):

[Subject trimmed by convention, see
http://www.holgermetzger.de/netscape/usenet.html &al.]
I didn't say that C was unable to write a server script, but that it's
originally a compiled language

Maybe you meant "originally", but you didn't mention it. We were all
originally babies, no: eggs, no: thoughts, etc.

and, that, by that way, you've not
access to source code unless if the author deliberately exposes it
(for eample if it's in an open source spirit).

De-compilation is not always hard. But source code is another subject.
You can easily modify a C-compiler such that it includes the source as
an accessible resource in the executable.

Is '#include' part (of your view) of the C-language? Is it possible to
use example code in the C-language to communicate algorithms with, like
with letters printed in books?

Asterbing

De-compilation is not always hard. But source code is another subject.
You can easily modify a C-compiler such that it includes the source as
an accessible resource in the executable.

When you decompile, you don't copy nor modify, but hack without the
author agreement.

Ben Morrow

Quoth Asterbing said:
"Modification" is not "copy".

Note the 'under the same terms as Perl'. Go read Perl's license. You
will find that extracting sections of code and including them in your
own programs is very much allowed, with certain restrictions on whether
you are then allowed to pass that program to someone else.

Ben