How to find Windows computers on Windows Network?

h.trammel

I want to use Ruby to scan a Windows network for a set of files and
replace them if they are out of date. I have been using a Python
script which uses win32net to find all the computers on my network. I
cannot find similar functionality in ruby, at least so far. Does
anyone know where this capabilty can be found in ruby?

Thanks in advance.

John Johnson

I want to use Ruby to scan a Windows network for a set of files and
replace them if they are out of date. I have been using a Python
script which uses win32net to find all the computers on my network. I
cannot find similar functionality in ruby, at least so far. Does
anyone know where this capabilty can be found in ruby?

Thanks in advance.

You might look into Bonjour, which would give you a little more
flexibility as far as finding computers on the network.

Regards,
JJ