    I want to clean and compact a database every 6 hours.

    Thanks for your reply.
    Luc

    Luc Dal, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Luc Dal

    Patrice Guest

    Do you have control on the server ?

    I would start :
    - create a VBScript that runrs using the Windows task scheduler
    - if this is on a server on which you don't have control you could use a
    webcron service (basically it's a service that calls za partiuclar page at
    given time).

    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 29, 2005

  3. Luc Dal

    Luc Dal Guest

    no I don't have control :((

    Luc

    Luc Dal, Jul 29, 2005
  4. Luc Dal

    Patrice Guest

    Ok so you could have this in an ASP page and use a service such as
    http://www.webcron.org/index.php?&lang=en

    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 29, 2005
  5. http://www.aspfaq.com/2143

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 29, 2005