    version of a page, even if they have their browser set to never check for a
    newer version of page?

    Thank you!

    Paul Drummond, Jan 4, 2006

  2. <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    You can lead a fish to a bicycle,
    but it takes a very long time,
    and the bicycle has to *want* to change.

    Kevin Spencer, Jan 4, 2006

  3. <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="300">

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxiZXJ0IFBhc2N1YWw=?=, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Paul Drummond

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Hello Paul,

    > Is there a way to force a page refresh, so users will not receive a
    > cached version of a page, even if they have their browser set to never
    > check for a newer version of page?

    I don't think so. This is a web client specific behaviour to ignore HTTP
    protocol features, such as Cache-Control headers. And no, META tags won't
    cut it either.
    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Paul Drummond

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Hello myself,

    > Hello Paul,
    >
    >> Is there a way to force a page refresh, so users will not receive a
    >> cached version of a page, even if they have their browser set to
    >> never check for a newer version of page?
    >>

    > I don't think so. This is a web client specific behaviour to ignore
    > HTTP protocol features, such as Cache-Control headers. And no, META
    > tags won't cut it either.

    Well, the Refresh trick should work, *if* that behaviour is what you want.
    You still have to make sure though that the page has not been cached by some
    upstream proxy server by setting Cache-Control: no-cache (See System.Web.HttpCachePolicy).

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss

    Joerg Jooss, Jan 4, 2006