    might not have this font? Do I upload the font to my web hosting site
    and when a viewer to go view my page it call to that font?

    Thank you.
    Lucky Dog, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Toby A Inkster, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Lucky Dog

    Lucky Dog Guest

    Thanks very much to Toby. I kind of thought that I can't force the
    font, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

    Lucky Dog, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Lucky Dog

    Crepe Guest

    Re[2]: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

    Toby,

    TAI> Lucky Dog wrote:
    >> Subject: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

    TAI> http://webtips.dan.info/force.html

    Great link, Toby. Kudos.

    Be well.

    --
    In order to reach me via email, the subject MUST be:
    lettuce tea
    Crepe, Sep 9, 2003
  5. Lucky Dog

    Phrederik Guest

    Go to HTMLCOMPEDIUM.ORG...

    They have the option to use specific fonts as long as you allow them to
    download.

    Don't ask me how they do it, but it isn't impossible.

    Phrederik, Sep 10, 2003
  6. Lucky Dog

    Headless Guest

    Headless, Sep 10, 2003
  7. Lucky Dog

    Phrederik Guest

    Phrederik, Sep 10, 2003
  8. Lucky Dog

    Headless Guest

    Headless, Sep 10, 2003
  9. Lucky Dog

    jake Guest

    In message <>, Lucky Dog
    <> writes
    >Hello:
    >
    >I'm trying to create a page that would display a certain font in
    >certain areas. How can I make this font appear on viewer's machine who
    >might not have this font? Do I upload the font to my web hosting site
    >and when a viewer to go view my page it call to that font?
    >
    >Thank you.

    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/default.htm

    might be of interest. (IE only)

    regards.
    --
    Jake
    jake, Sep 10, 2003
  10. Lucky Dog

    Phrederik Guest

    "Headless" <> wrote in message
    > Phrederik wrote:
    >
    > >http://htmlcompendium.org

    > No prompts to install any fonts, tried in 2 browsers.

    Probably an IE only thing...

    It's probably not a good idea anyhow, but I can see that there would be uses
    for it.
    Phrederik, Sep 10, 2003
  11. The request was for certain areas only. If they're small enough and
    resolution issues
    wouldn't mess up the display of information, you could PrtScrn your own
    display,
    use something like PhotoPaint to select out the areas you're concerned
    about, and
    put JPGs instead of text on your page. This is going to get really
    niggly, though, if
    you have links in your text.
    Anthony Buckland, Sep 10, 2003
  12. Lucky Dog

    Lucky Dog Guest

    Thanks very much Jake. I'll go read it now.

    Lucky Dog, Oct 3, 2003
  13. Lucky Dog wrote:

    >>>certain areas. How can I make this font appear on viewer's machine who
    >>>might not have this font? Do I upload the font to my web hosting site
    >>>and when a viewer to go view my page it call to that font?

    >>http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/default.htm
    >>might be of interest. (IE only)

    Don't do that: it works only on MSIE, and MSIE is losing ground...for
    good reasons.

    --
    François de Dardel
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?=, Oct 3, 2003
  14. Lucky Dog

    jake Guest

    In message <3f7dd64e$0$4777$>,
    François de Dardel <> writes

    >>>http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/default.htm
    >>>might be of interest. (IE only)

    >Don't do that: it works only on MSIE, and MSIE is losing ground...for
    >good reasons.

    IE has the lion's share of the browser market and will continue to do
    so. By using font embedding maybe some 80% of your viewers will see your
    font; the other 20% will see whatever you or they suggest/set as
    default.

    regards.
    --
    Jake
    jake, Oct 3, 2003
  15. "François de Dardel" <> wrote in message

    > >>http://www.microsoft.com/typography/web/embedding/default.htm
    > >>might be of interest. (IE only)

    > Don't do that: it works only on MSIE, and MSIE is losing ground...for
    > good reasons.

    While I'd love to believe you, that's simply not true.
    I run 10 websites for a combined total of over 1 million pageviews a month.
    90+% of those pageviews are from IE.
    The only noticeable pattern is that people on older browsers are upgrading
    faster than they were a year ago.

    --
    Karl Core

    At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
    cease to be insipid.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

    eightninethree AT eightninethree.com
    EightNineThree, Oct 3, 2003