How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

Lucky Dog

Hello:

I'm trying to create a page that would display a certain font in
certain areas. How can I make this font appear on viewer's machine who
might not have this font? Do I upload the font to my web hosting site
and when a viewer to go view my page it call to that font?

Thank you.

Lucky Dog

Thanks very much to Toby. I kind of thought that I can't force the
font, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

Phrederik

Go to HTMLCOMPEDIUM.ORG...

They have the option to use specific fonts as long as you allow them to
download.

Don't ask me how they do it, but it isn't impossible.

Phrederik

Headless said:
No prompts to install any fonts, tried in 2 browsers.
Probably an IE only thing...

It's probably not a good idea anyhow, but I can see that there would be uses
for it.

Anthony Buckland

The request was for certain areas only. If they're small enough and
resolution issues
wouldn't mess up the display of information, you could PrtScrn your own
display,
use something like PhotoPaint to select out the areas you're concerned
about, and
put JPGs instead of text on your page. This is going to get really
niggly, though, if
you have links in your text.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?=

Don't do that: it works only on MSIE, and MSIE is losing ground...for
good reasons.

jake

In message said:
Don't do that: it works only on MSIE, and MSIE is losing ground...for
good reasons.
IE has the lion's share of the browser market and will continue to do
so. By using font embedding maybe some 80% of your viewers will see your
font; the other 20% will see whatever you or they suggest/set as
default.

regards.

EightNineThree

François de Dardel said:
Don't do that: it works only on MSIE, and MSIE is losing ground...for
good reasons.

While I'd love to believe you, that's simply not true.
I run 10 websites for a combined total of over 1 million pageviews a month.
90+% of those pageviews are from IE.
The only noticeable pattern is that people on older browsers are upgrading
faster than they were a year ago.

--
Karl Core

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid.
Friedrich Nietzsche

eightninethree AT eightninethree.com