How to force submit on a specific INPUT TYPE object

Marco Maroni

I have a form with two or more INPUT TYPE (image, submit, button) objects,
how can I force the ENTER event to act on a specific object and not to the
first ?

S. Justin Gengo

Marco,

I'm not sure where you want to capture the enter event from.

On my web site, www.aboutfortunate.com I have some code to do just what
you're asking from a text box. If it's not a text box that you need to
capture the "Enter" event in then the code could be changed to act from any
other object including the form.

In my code library the title for the code you need is: Fire a button click
from any text box when enter key is pressed

It's category is "Web" and language "VB.Net"

Feel free to email me if you have any questions about changing it for your
needs.

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Submit input

var inp = $get('inputname');
inp.click();

Looks like I'm about five years late, but hopefully this'll help someone out.:barresed: