How to force the client explorer ask client to download a PDF/DOC?

Cylix

I have a doc/pdf file on my site,
I would like to the client click and download it to local,
but not directly open in the frame, or explorer winodw.

I know that in ASP, but is it any method I can handle this in JS?

Thank you.

Randy Webb

Cylix said the following on 8/21/2006 3:10 AM:
I have a doc/pdf file on my site,
I would like to the client click and download it to local,
but not directly open in the frame, or explorer winodw.

Even if the user wants it in the current window? How user-friendly.
I know that in ASP, but is it any method I can handle this in JS?

No. And I am not so sure that you can do it in ASP. You may think you
can.....