how to force to login.aspx first?

HockeyFan

I thought that if in the web.config, I set

<authentication mode="Windows">
<forms name=".ASPXLOGINCOOKIE" loginUrl="Login.aspx" protection="All"
timeout="30" path="/">
<!-- protection="[All|None|Encryption|Validation]" -->
</forms>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

that this would force users to be authenticated, and that Login.aspx would
come up first if not authenticated. And then after authentications, from the
login.aspx.vb, you would do a RedirectFromLogin to take them to the page they
wanted.
Is there something that I need to do to get this to work?

Les Stockton

did that. not enough.

Dominick Baier said:
hi,

yes - you have to set

<authentication mode="Forms">

---------------------------------------
Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com
[...]

sorry - this works for millions of apps :)

maybe you have to describe your setup more thoroughly.

Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
http://www.leastprivilege.com
did that. not enough.

Dominick Baier said: