How to force use of SAXON xslt processor?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Collin VanDyck, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. I've got a simple Java program:

    public class Test {
    System.out.println("xalan class: " +

    org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newInstance().getClass().g
    etName());
    System.out.println("saxon class: " +

    com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newInstance().getClass().getName());

    Whose output is:

    xalan class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
    saxon class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

    It seems like Xalan has taken over my computer.

    I do not have any classes in my jre/lib/endorsed, yet I cannot even get
    saxon's transformer factory to reutrn a saxon transformer factory instance.
    I want to be able to hot swap transformers in my application -- is there
    something I am missing here?

    Many thanks for any help.

    Collin

    Collin VanDyck, Apr 2, 2004

  2. "Collin VanDyck" <> wrote in message
    > I've got a simple Java program:
    >
    > public class Test {
    > System.out.println("xalan class: " +

    org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newInstance().getClass().g
    > etName());
    > System.out.println("saxon class: " +
    >
    > com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newInstance().getClass().getName());
    >
    > Whose output is:
    >
    > xalan class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
    > saxon class: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
    >
    > It seems like Xalan has taken over my computer.
    >
    > I do not have any classes in my jre/lib/endorsed, yet I cannot even get
    > saxon's transformer factory to reutrn a saxon transformer factory

    instance.
    > I want to be able to hot swap transformers in my application -- is there
    > something I am missing here?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.
    >
    > Collin

    Ok I just got it to work setting the system property
    "javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory". Thanks for reading my post :)

    Collin VanDyck, Apr 2, 2004