How to format $mail_from with 2 variables separated by a comma?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Jason Miles, May 27, 2004.

  1. Jason Miles

    Jason Miles Guest

    I have a script which is processing form input. What I want is when the
    script sends an e-mail with the form contents, the From field in the e-mail
    should be
    last_name,first_name

    The code i'm running currently produces
    last_name;first_name

    Here is the line of code I'm using
    $mail_from = $query->param("family_name").",".$query->param("given_name");

    I've also tried
    $mail_from = $query->param("family_name").','.$query->param("given_name");

    Can someone tell me what to change to get the desired result of
    last_name,first_name ?

    Thanks in advance!

    Jason Miles, May 27, 2004

  2. Jason Miles wrote:
    > I have a script which is processing form input. What I want is when
    > the script sends an e-mail with the form contents, the From field in
    > the e-mail should be
    > last_name,first_name
    >
    > The code i'm running currently produces
    > last_name;first_name