How to format wizard?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by David Thielen, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. This question is from our html person:

    Using the ASP Wizard, I don't seem to be able to separate the Steps
    from the Navigation. ASP insists on embedding them both in the same
    containing table. I'd like to be able to change the HTML that wraps
    these pieces together. How do I get at it?

    --
    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm
     
    David Thielen, Dec 3, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Hi Dave,

    I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Do you mean the Wizard
    control in ASP.NET 2.0? Would you please depict more on the issue? Thanks.

    Sincerely,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    ==================================================
    Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/managednewsgroups/default.aspx#notif
    ications. If you are using Outlook Express, please make sure you clear the
    check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your reply
    promptly.

    Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
    where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
    Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
    up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
    professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
    most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
    that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
    project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
    handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
    Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.
    ==================================================

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
     
    Walter Wang [MSFT], Dec 4, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Yes the wizard control in ASP.NET 2.0. Our html expert is trying to make the
    wizard look a certain way and he needs to apply styles to both tables within
    the wizard.

    --
    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm




    "Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Do you mean the Wizard
    > control in ASP.NET 2.0? Would you please depict more on the issue? Thanks.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    > Microsoft Online Community Support
    >
    > ==================================================
    > Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/managednewsgroups/default.aspx#notif
    > ications. If you are using Outlook Express, please make sure you clear the
    > check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your reply
    > promptly.
    >
    > Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
    > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
    > Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
    > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
    > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
    > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
    > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
    > project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
    > handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
    > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.
    > ==================================================
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    >
    >
     
    David Thielen, Dec 4, 2006
    #3
  4. More from our html person:

    Actually, this isn't quite correct. What I need to do is to SPLIT the
    control into two separate tables, currently the "top" (inputs) and the
    "bottom" (next/prev) are wrapped in the same table, but I need to treat
    them differently to match the style defined by Randy.

    "Need" as it "it would be way easier." Hopefully I can find a
    workaround if this proves to be a dead end.

    --
    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm




    "David Thielen" wrote:

    > Yes the wizard control in ASP.NET 2.0. Our html expert is trying to make the
    > wizard look a certain way and he needs to apply styles to both tables within
    > the wizard.
    >
    > --
    > thanks - dave
    > david_at_windward_dot_net
    > http://www.windwardreports.com
    >
    > Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Dave,
    > >
    > > I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Do you mean the Wizard
    > > control in ASP.NET 2.0? Would you please depict more on the issue? Thanks.
    > >
    > > Sincerely,
    > > Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    > > Microsoft Online Community Support
    > >
    > > ==================================================
    > > Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to
    > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/managednewsgroups/default.aspx#notif
    > > ications. If you are using Outlook Express, please make sure you clear the
    > > check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your reply
    > > promptly.
    > >
    > > Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
    > > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
    > > Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
    > > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
    > > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
    > > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
    > > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
    > > project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
    > > handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
    > > Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
    > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/default.aspx.
    > > ==================================================
    > >
    > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    > >
    > >
     
    David Thielen, Dec 5, 2006
    #4
  5. Hi Dave,

    Now I understand the question. If you take a look at Wizard's source code
    using Reflector, you will notice in CreateControlHierarchy(), it's using
    the same Table to add all the child controls. I'm afraid it's not possible
    to separate them into different tables. (Although this method is protected,
    it's no trivial to override it and add your own implementation)


    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    ==================================================
    When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
    ==================================================

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
     
    Walter Wang [MSFT], Dec 5, 2006
    #5
  6. $%#@* - not the answer I wanted.

    Ok, we'll do the best we can with the properties it does expose. I'm
    starting to think that the MS controls are a mixed blessing - great for
    programmers but awful for the people designing the look & feel of the page.

    --
    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm




    "Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > Now I understand the question. If you take a look at Wizard's source code
    > using Reflector, you will notice in CreateControlHierarchy(), it's using
    > the same Table to add all the child controls. I'm afraid it's not possible
    > to separate them into different tables. (Although this method is protected,
    > it's no trivial to override it and add your own implementation)
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    > Microsoft Online Community Support
    >
    > ==================================================
    > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
    > ==================================================
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    >
    >
    >
     
    David Thielen, Dec 5, 2006
    #6
  7. ps - the #@$&* wasn't aimed at you. Just the frustration of the controls
    stopping us from formatting the pages as we want (and making what we do
    accomplish about 10 times as hard).

    I think our next ASP.NET app it will be no grid, wizard, etc controls. The
    simple controls are fine but the complex ones just make it too hard to format
    as we want.

    --
    thanks - dave
    david_at_windward_dot_net
    http://www.windwardreports.com

    Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm




    "Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Dave,
    >
    > Now I understand the question. If you take a look at Wizard's source code
    > using Reflector, you will notice in CreateControlHierarchy(), it's using
    > the same Table to add all the child controls. I'm afraid it's not possible
    > to separate them into different tables. (Although this method is protected,
    > it's no trivial to override it and add your own implementation)
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    > Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    > Microsoft Online Community Support
    >
    > ==================================================
    > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
    > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
    > ==================================================
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    >
    >
    >
     
    David Thielen, Dec 5, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Brian Candy
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,179
    Janaka
    Feb 18, 2004
  2. Andy
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    6,296
    Roedy Green
    May 10, 2004
  3. shannon
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    8,617
  4. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    626
  5. Andy B
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    456
    Andy B
    Apr 19, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page