How to: Free disk space (OS Linux, win)

Martin Mittnacht

Hi all,

is there a (simple) way to figure out the free disk space.

Thank you
Martin

Martin Mittnacht

Hi all,

so it looks like that there is only the possibility
to parse the output of a system command like dir
or df (maybe even read the files in /proc).
I guess I could use a window API call, too.
No other way ?

Thank you
Martin

Alun Harford

Martin Mittnacht said:
Hi all,

so it looks like that there is only the possibility
to parse the output of a system command like dir
or df (maybe even read the files in /proc).
I guess I could use a window API call, too.
No other way ?

I don't know if there's a sensible different way, but you *could* (if you
were a little bit crazy) simply create a file and keep making it bigger
until it runs out all the disk space - then you know how much disk space
there was origionally so you can delete the file :)

Alun Harford