    is there a (simple) way to figure out the free disk space.

    Thank you
    Martin
    Martin Mittnacht, Mar 6, 2004

  2. On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 00:47:01 +0100, Martin Mittnacht wrote:

    > is there a (simple) way to figure out the free disk space.

    This might do what you are after..
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?th=1cd4f8b7171b4cb0>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Martin Mittnacht

    nos Guest

    Linux has "df" command

    nos, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Re: How to: Free disk space (OS Linux, win) - parsing system commandoutput only?

    Hi all,

    so it looks like that there is only the possibility
    to parse the output of a system command like dir
    or df (maybe even read the files in /proc).
    I guess I could use a window API call, too.
    No other way ?

    Thank you
    Martin
    Martin Mittnacht, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Martin Mittnacht

    Alun Harford Guest

    > Hi all,
    >
    > so it looks like that there is only the possibility
    > to parse the output of a system command like dir
    > or df (maybe even read the files in /proc).
    > I guess I could use a window API call, too.
    > No other way ?

    I don't know if there's a sensible different way, but you *could* (if you
    were a little bit crazy) simply create a file and keep making it bigger
    until it runs out all the disk space - then you know how much disk space
    there was origionally so you can delete the file :)

    Alun Harford
    Alun Harford, Mar 7, 2004