    Thank you!

    Kindly regards,

    Gabriel Schuster

    Gabriel Schuster, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Gabriel Schuster

    Stefan Guest

    "Gabriel Schuster" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm new to all those news groups out there.
    > I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Gabriel Schuster, living near Stuttgart,
    > Germany.
    > I've been working with perl for about 3 years now.
    > Now i have to work on a really big project and i got a (big?) problem.
    > For a secure license management system i need to gather the MAC-address of
    > the machine my script is running on.
    > I searched several news groups, google and many other spiders without any
    > helpful result.
    > The way to recieve the address should be portable so it runs e.g. on
    > Linux/Unix and Windows, if possible.
    > Is there any idea to solve this problem?
    > I would be very thankful for any suggestions.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > Kindly regards,
    >
    > Gabriel Schuster

    It's defenitely a tricky task to determine MAC addresses. For a start, it's
    very OS dependend. Google is, was, and will be your friend though. This
    web-site looks very informative;

    http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/services/networkra/macaddress.shtml

    The google search was "how to determine mac address local computer" and this
    is the 1st hit. There are 145.000 more to go ......

    Good luck,
    Stefan

    Stefan, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Gabriel Schuster

    The Sender Guest

    At some time in the past Stefan wrote :

    > "Gabriel Schuster" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I'm new to all those news groups out there.
    >> I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Gabriel Schuster, living near
    >> Stuttgart, Germany.
    >> I've been working with perl for about 3 years now.
    >> Now i have to work on a really big project and i got a (big?) problem.
    >> For a secure license management system i need to gather the MAC-address
    >> of the machine my script is running on.
    >> I searched several news groups, google and many other spiders without any
    >> helpful result.
    >> The way to recieve the address should be portable so it runs e.g. on
    >> Linux/Unix and Windows, if possible.
    >> Is there any idea to solve this problem?
    >> I would be very thankful for any suggestions.
    >>
    >> Thank you!
    >>
    >> Kindly regards,
    >>
    >> Gabriel Schuster

    > It's defenitely a tricky task to determine MAC addresses. For a start,
    > it's very OS dependend. Google is, was, and will be your friend though.
    > This web-site looks very informative;
    >
    > http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/services/networkra/macaddress.shtml
    >
    > The google search was "how to determine mac address local computer" and
    > this is the 1st hit. There are 145.000 more to go ......
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Stefan

    Have you tried arp -a IP_Address?

    --