    based on the XML output?

    Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Hi Chris,
    As you have created a web service,there is a way for the developers who
    will develop the consuming applications to find
    out about the methods exposed by the web service.This process is called
    discovery.
    The description of the web service is contained in as
    service description document,an XML document written in a
    format called WSDL(Web Service Description Language).There are 2 ways to
    see the WSDL document.
    The fiirst is to enter the URL of the web service .asmx file in a
    browser to generate the web service test page.Near the top of
    the test page will be a link to a Service Description.That link will lead
    to the WSDL document.
    An alternative is,enter the URL for the web service .asmx file in a
    browser with ?WSDL appended to the end of the URL.
    You can create a .disco file as well which is an XML file
    located in the same virtual directory as the .asmx file.

    Here is a link on MSDN on enabling discovery for an
    XML Web Service.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../html/cpconenablingdiscoveryforwebservice.asp

    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Marshal Antony
    http://www.dotnetmarshal.com

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 completed web methods which accept posted parameter values and

    spit

    Marshal Antony, Feb 3, 2004