How to get a list of thread un-safe functions

tharinda.gl

Hi,
We are going to create a list of thread unsafe functions that
should be avoided (and find out their thread safe or re-entrant
versions). Is there a list of such functions for standard c library as
well as for the posix APIs. I failed to get a good result by searching
the web

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tharinda

Michael Doubez

       We are going to create a list of thread unsafe functions that
should be avoided (and find out their thread safe or re-entrant
versions).

You are OT in this group.
Is there a list of such functions for standard c library as
well as for the posix APIs.

Some are defined in the POSIX 1.c document others depends on
implementation (locked or thread local specific).
I failed to get a good result by searching
the web

Functions ending with _r in:
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Function-Index.html#Function Index

AnonMail2005

Hi,
       We are going to create a list of thread unsafe functions that
should be avoided (and find out their thread safe or re-entrant
versions). Is there a list of such functions for standard c library as
well as for the posix APIs. I failed to get a good result by searching
the web

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Tharinda

I found the pthreads book by Butenhof to cover some thread unsafe c
library functions and their _r thread safe counterparts. No sure if
the treatment was comprehensive or not.

HTH