    --

    ÁÙ§Ú¥»¦â
    Forever Bad.
    Aries, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Aries

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:06:04 -0800, "Aries" <a> wrote:

    >Let say I wanted to get an IP address of a machine called mybox. How can I
    >do it in ASP?

    You really can't. Any method you use will have potential flaws, such
    as a proxy reporting the proxy's IP instead of the target behind it,
    or a DNS lookup not having that machine name tied to the IP address.
    On an intranet you have enough control that you may be able to run
    client-side code to pull out the information, WMI has enough available
    to do this, or you could guarantee that dynamic DNS or WINS resolution
    would report the correct info.

    Those really aren't strictly ASP, and you'll find plenty of scripting
    samples at these sites:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/scriptcenter/Default.asp
    http://cwashington.netreach.net/main/default.asp?topic=news

    Jeff