    values.

    Ideas?

    Stacey
    Stacey, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Hello Stacey,

    Because ASP.NET Mobile device will target different kinds of client mobile
    devices, it can not provide very decent and specific template as ASP.NET
    template controls. For displaying table like data, you may use the List
    control since it support both static items and databinding items. And for
    multi-columns displaying, it may not supported by non-html compatible
    device/browser, if you're sure the device can support html32 or higher, you
    can define a custom template for html32 devices. e.g.

    =============================
    <mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server">&nbsp;<mobile:List runat="server"
    id="CitiesList" OnItemCommand="CitiesList_ItemCommand"
    BreakAfter="true" Decoration="none"

    <DeviceSpecific>
    <Choice Filter="isHTML32">
    <HeaderTemplate>

    </HeaderTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>

    </ItemTemplate>
    <FooterTemplate>
    </FooterTemplate>
    </Choice>
    </DeviceSpecific>
    </mobile:List>

    </mobile:Form>
    ========================

    For more info about templating in ASP.NET mobile form, you can refer to the
    MSDN reference:

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.mobilecontrols.device
    specific(VS.80).aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 5, 2007

  3. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    My specific device that I am coding for is a T-Mobile Dash (aka HTC
    Excalibur).. I also have a Motorola Q. Those are the only 2 devices that I
    know of. They are both running Windows Movbile 2005.

    Stacey, Jan 5, 2007
  4. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    Can you tell me how to tell as well?

    Stacey, Jan 5, 2007
  5. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    I found out..
    foreach (string key in Request.Browser.Capabilities.Keys)

    {

    Response.Write("<br/>" + key + ": " + Request.Browser.Capabilities[key]);

    }

    Stacey, Jan 5, 2007
  6. Hi Stacey,

    Yes, the Request.Browser.Capabilities property contains the client-side
    browser/devices' capability info(parsed from http headers). And this is
    used for both ASP.NET standard and mobile application. BTW, have you
    figured out what's the supported features of your target devices? As far as
    I know, windows mobile 5 support HTML 32+ and cookie, however,
    client-script supported is still quite limited.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 8, 2007
  7. Thanks for your reply Stacey,

    Since html32 is supported. I suggest try directly create a non-mobile
    ASP.NET page which contains a normal html <table> (designed as two column
    style you want) and visit the page in your T-mobile device to see whether
    it can display well.

    I'll also discuss with some other engineers to see whether there is any
    further ideas on this. I'll update you as soon as I get any info.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 10, 2007
  8. Stacey

    Stacey Guest

    I have thought about that, but the page is not static. The only option i
    have come up with is to write a process that every few minutes or so,
    regenerates a static HTML page with the udpated data.

    Stacey, Jan 11, 2007
  9. Hello Stacey,

    After some further research, I've got it working with the ObjectList
    control. You can define multiple Fields to display multiple columns(table
    like) list. e.g.

    ================
    <mobile:ObjectList
    ID="TodaysSales"
    Runat="server"
    AutoGenerateFields="False"
    TableFields="CategoryID;CategoryName">
    <Command Name="CategoryID" Text="CategoryID" />
    <Command Name="CategoryName" Text="CategoryName" />
    <Field DataField="CategoryID" Name="CategoryID" Title="CategoryID"
    />
    <Field DataField="CategoryName" Name="CategoryName"
    Title="CategoryName" />
    </mobile:ObjectList>

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jan 12, 2007