How to get ADSI Err.Description ???

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by F C, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. F C

    F C Guest

    I have ASP page on W2K SP4 server.

    I have the following excerpt of code:

    On Error resume next

    Set myObj = GetObject ( DN)

    ErrNo = Err.number
    ErrTxt = Err.Description

    Err.Clear

    On Error goto 0

    If ErrNo <> 0 Then

    Here my error processing code.
    I have here ErrNo = 0x80072030, with means that ldap object not found,
    but ErrTxt is blank.

    End If

    How can I have Err.Description filled. Because there are some errors which
    are part of the normal processing flow and I dont care of Err.Description,
    but other errors are "abnormal" and I want to show them to the user with
    some meaning.

    Thanks for help.
    Fran├žois.

    F C, Jun 10, 2004