how to get an absolute address of a link

Tsunami Script

Is there some URL lib that I can use to get the absolute address of a
relative URL ? Maybe I could pass a "base" link to the method . Ideally
, I would like to know if this could by achieved from mechanize , but
anything would do .
I wrote my own a while back , and I'm using it , but I would like to
know if something already exists .

Luis Parravicini

Is there some URL lib that I can use to get the absolute address of a
relative URL ? Maybe I could pass a "base" link to the method . Ideally
, I would like to know if this could by achieved from mechanize , but
anything would do .

You can use URI.join

irb -ruri
irb(main):001:0> URI.join('http://example.com', '/path/a/b')