How to get and save PDF submitted from FDF form?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SWu, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. SWu

    SWu Guest

    Hi all

    Could someone please tell me how to receive and save the PDF that gets
    submitted from an FDF form?

    DETAILS
    ======
    The server has PDF forms (i.e. FDFs) which the user can browse to and
    complete online. Each form was created with a submit button to my ASPX
    page. The submit option is "submit entire PDF".

    I found a newsgroup posting which said:

    "You need to save the entire incoming stream, the length of which is
    identified by the content length, to a file. There are no native ASP methods
    for doing so. You can use "Request.BinaryRead" to capture the data. The
    result is an array of unsigned bytes (SafeArray) that you can then save to a
    file. The resulting file will be the PDF."

    I tried to test this by using:

    Response.Write(Request.BinaryRead(Request.ContentLength).ToString());

    but after 10 minutes of nothing happening in the browser, stopped it.

    Any further light that anyone can shed on this would be GREATLY appreciated.
    At this stage, I don't want to consider submitting fields only, using
    third-party components, etc but will be forced to change my mind if I don't
    find a solution, soon.

    Thanks,
    Stephen

    SWu, Jan 13, 2004