How to get CGI upload temp filename and directory

blaine

Hello,

How can I get the tempory directoy and name of a file uploaded using
CGI?

Assuming www is a CGI object then the following works. However it's not
what I'm looking for.

You can get the file handle by going
$www->upload($filename);

And the original filename by going
$www->param($filename);

I would like something like
$www->uploadInfo($filename)->{temporary_upload_path};

attn.steven.kuo

Hello,

How can I get the tempory directoy and name of a file uploaded using
CGI?

Assuming www is a CGI object then the following works. However it's not
what I'm looking for.

You can get the file handle by going
$www->upload($filename);

And the original filename by going
$www->param($filename);

I would like something like
$www->uploadInfo($filename)->{temporary_upload_path};

Try the undocumented(?) tmpFileName subroutine.

use CGI qw:)standard);
use File::Basename;
my $fh = upload('uploaded_file');
my $fullname = tmpFileName($fh);