    --
    Erik

    , Dec 23, 2004

  2. Neal Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:40:34 -0600,
    <> wrote:

    > OK, frames are evil, but I'm not sure how to emulate the same behavior
    > using CSS. I currently have a javascript menu that has an expandable
    > tree in one frame which launches the content in a second.
    >
    > The advantage I see in frames is that the 2 windows independently
    > scroll. So when the user expands the tree, the content doesn't scroll
    > up with the tree. I've looked at a lot of CSS examples looking for a
    > solution, but I haven't seen one. When using CSS it seems like the
    > only solution is to scroll the entire window of both columns.
    >
    > Am I understanding the limits of CSS correctly or is there a
    > convenient solution? Or do I have the problem stated incorrectly?

    This has been discussed to death over the last month. Read back a bit.

    Neal, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, "" <>
    said:

    > OK, frames are evil,

    Hooray! A convert!

    > but I'm not sure how to emulate the same behavior
    > using CSS.

    Why would you want to? The behaviour is evil, remember?

    > I currently have a javascript menu that has an expandable
    > tree in one frame which launches the content in a second.

    With appropriate fallback for users without Javascript, of course.

    > The advantage I see in frames is that the 2 windows independently
    > scroll.

    You can do this with CSS, using overflow: scroll; but it still causes
    problems - I can't scroll it with my mouse wheel for example.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Dec 23, 2004