How to Get Data from MS Access 2000 into XML file

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Stephen P. Lander, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Hi all-

    Hoping to get some feedback regarding an issue i'm having.

    To start with, I honestly do not know very much about XML or ASP, but
    in essence what I want to be able to do it take data from one of my
    Access 2000 queries and automatically export that to an XML file. then
    that XML file is going to be loaded with Google Maps API for use. What
    options do I have in exporting the data in access automatically? would
    it be just implemented everytime i call the function, lets say an ASP
    page?

    to give a little more (hopefully helpful) information, I want users to
    go to my site which has the Google Maps API implemented, and it will
    show them the rainfall and lake level data in my area. I figured XML
    would be best as I have seen someone implement a similar design in
    Canada using an XML file, however, I need to be able to get the
    information from the query in Access so it can be loaded onto the map
    for people to see recent data. Again, I'm guessing ASP would be the
    best bet in accessing the data from the database.

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Stephen P. Lander, Jun 26, 2007

  2. Stephen P. Lander wrote:
    > Hi all-
    >
    > Hoping to get some feedback regarding an issue i'm having.
    >
    > To start with, I honestly do not know very much about XML or ASP, but
    > in essence what I want to be able to do it take data from one of my
    > Access 2000 queries and automatically export that to an XML file. then
    > that XML file is going to be loaded with Google Maps API for use. What
    > options do I have in exporting the data in access automatically?

    To XML? none. You will need to write it yourself.
    Actually, you can get an idea of what is needed by looking at the
    server-side code in the samples at
    http://www.davidpenton.com/testsite/tips/

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET