    chunking could be used ?

    Thanks in advance and regards

    Navin
    Navin Mishra, Sep 9, 2008

  2. "Navin Mishra" <.> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way to get events from a web service in platform independent
    > way ? Could a long standing HTTP GET request be submitted from a client
    > and
    > server respond to that request when an event comes ? Or perhaps HTTP
    > chunking could be used ?

    WCF supports callback contracts. I suppose they could be used for something
    like this. I suggest you consider the cost, though. You'll be turning
    clients into servers.

    John Saunders, Sep 9, 2008

  3. Navin Mishra

    Navin Mishra Guest

    Thanks. Is there any other way like long standing HTTP GET request or HTTP
    chunking so that a client on any platform could get events ?

    Thanks again and regards

    Navin

    Navin Mishra, Sep 16, 2008
  4. Navin Mishra

    Donn Felker Guest

    You could look at using a product like NServiceBus that allows for
    pub/sub (but then again I'm not sure if you own both ends of the wire in
    this case). Worth taking a look at though.

    Donn Felker, Nov 10, 2008