how to get history in a WinObj I have made?

BadOmen

I have used WinObj=window.open ("http://www.some_page","Holder")

No I want to press a button in an other window and make the Holder windows
history.go(-1) is that possible?
(I'm not using a button... I'm using MS Agent with Voice Command but if the
button thing will work, so will this...)

Yours, Jonas

BadOmen

Brynn said:
There is probably another way ... but you could create a page that it
would go forward to with history.go(-2)

I don't realy understand what you meen =(

This is what I have done:
step 1. window A opens window B
step 2. And then window A must make window B:s history go back one stap by
pressing a button on window A or in my case, using a voice command from
window A.

Step 1. is not a problem but step 2. is.

Brynn

What I mean is create a page called jumpBack.asp ... or html ... I
name all files of mine .asp .. anyway

-- jumpBack.asp --

<script language="javascript">
history.go(-2)
</script>

Then have your button make have your "Holder" window go to
/dir/jumpBack.asp

It would go forward to jumpBack.asp ... jumpBack.asp would make it go
back 2

Like I said, this may not be the best solution, but is probably the
easiest ... without having to have your parent page keep track of the
pages and junk.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Michael Winter

I have used WinObj=window.open ("http://www.some_page","Holder")

No I want to press a button in an other window and make the Holder
windows history.go(-1) is that possible?
(I'm not using a button... I'm using MS Agent with Voice Command but if
the button thing will work, so will this...)

Does

WinObj = window.open( 'URL', 'Window_Name' );

WinObj.history.go(-1)

not work?

Mike

BadOmen

There is still a problem with forward...
It is possible that the forward is pointing to the jumpback.html page and
that page make me go even more back... :)

It wold be best if I could juste the winObj I created when making the window
B. But i don't think that's possible :(

I hope someone has a other way of doing this.
But Back works fine your way :)

Yours, Jonas

BadOmen

Michael Winter said:
Does

WinObj = window.open( 'URL', 'Window_Name' );

WinObj.history.go(-1)

not work?

Mike

No, that was the first thing i tried but it did not work :(