How to get image size in these conditions ?

BlinKol

How to get width and height of an image file (GIF or JPEG), knowing my
hosting provider has just the Perl 5.00503 stock modules (i.e. without
things like Image::Info or Image::Size) and doesn't allow any new module
install out of my own cgi-bin directory ?

And, of course, I don't wish to change of provider for this reason only.

J. Gleixner

BlinKol said:
How to get width and height of an image file (GIF or JPEG), knowing my
hosting provider has just the Perl 5.00503 stock modules (i.e. without
things like Image::Info or Image::Size) and doesn't allow any new module
install out of my own cgi-bin directory.

Ask your provider what you should do, we have no idea what they have
available.

Possible options are:

+ Install one of them in your own directory, along with the
required libs for the format needed.
+ Look at the source of those modules and implement
what you need from them in your own module.
+ Ask your provider to install needed modules.
+ Use available programs your provider may have installed.
+ Many others...

Tintin

BlinKol said:
How to get width and height of an image file (GIF or JPEG), knowing my
hosting provider has just the Perl 5.00503 stock modules (i.e. without
things like Image::Info or Image::Size) and doesn't allow any new module
install out of my own cgi-bin directory ?

Well, just install Image::Size under your cgi-bin directory. It's a very
simple module.

BlinKol

Well, just install Image::Size under your cgi-bin directory. It's a very
simple module.

Well, thanks, I think this is the right way. Nevertheless, never
isntalled in own cgi-bin : do I simply have to upload, chmod 755 and
indicate "use lib path-to-image-info-module" in my own script ?