    Developer
    QA Dashboard
    Microsoft China Development Centre
    Microlong®, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Microlong®

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljcm9sb25nwq4=?= wrote on 12 okt 2005 in

    > Currently, I want to get the IP address from giving hostname in the
    > Active Server Page. I know the hostname, I want to get the IP address
    > via hostname in an ASP page.

    nslookup.exe

    but you might compromize your server's security, if you are not caraful
    with the necessary changes.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Oct 12, 2005

  3. Is there any method or object to support this utiltiy tool?

    Microlong®, Oct 12, 2005
  4. Microlong®

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljcm9sb25nwq4=?= wrote on 12 okt 2005 in
    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?TWljcm9sb25nwq4=?= wrote on 12 okt 2005 in
    >>
    >> > Currently, I want to get the IP address from giving hostname in the
    >> > Active Server Page. I know the hostname, I want to get the IP address
    >> > via hostname in an ASP page.

    >> nslookup.exe
    >>
    >> but you might compromize your server's security, if you are not caraful
    >> with the necessary changes.

    > Is there any method or object to support this utiltiy tool?

    [Please do not toppost on usenet]

    You could run nslookup in a shell and read the standard-out via a temporary
    file, I suppose.

    Examples are found via Google.

    --
    Evertjan.