How to get menu items from master on Content page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SAL, Jun 18, 2007.

  1. SAL

    SAL Guest

    Hello,
    I have a menu on my Master page that I want to access from my content page.
    I seem to be able to get the menu via either:
    dim mnu as Menu = Master.FindControl("Menu1")
    or
    dim mnu as Menu = Me.Form.Parent.FindControl("Menu1")

    The only problem is that when I query mnu for HasControls it returns false
    and Items.Count is 0 as well.
    What I'd like to do is disable a menu item choice from certain pages.

    I've tried to do this from the Page_load and PageLoad_completed from the
    content pages.

    Any help on this???

    SAL, Jun 18, 2007