How to get physical path

Yoshitha

Hi

I am developing an application in which am using the windows application
template.
In one of the form i'll place a text box control and a button control, if i
entered the virtual directory name in this text box then it has to show me
the output the physical path of the virtual directory i've given.
For eg. if the virtual directory name is "sample"
if i enter "sample" in text box then it has to show the path where it is
mapped to (E:/..............)
Can anybody tell me how to do this through windows application.
Its very urgent.

Thanx in advance
Yoshitha

Scott Allen

So this is a windows application, correct? It is not running under
ASP.NET? Is it running on the web server? Can it ask for the virtual
directory of any application?

You might need to query the IIS metabase to pull this off outside of
an ASP.NET runtime environment.

intrader

Hi

I am developing an application in which am using the windows application
template.
In one of the form i'll place a text box control and a button control, if i
entered the virtual directory name in this text box then it has to show me
the output the physical path of the virtual directory i've given.
For eg. if the virtual directory name is "sample"
if i enter "sample" in text box then it has to show the path where it is
Can anybody tell me how to do this through windows application.
Its very urgent.

Thanx in advance
Yoshitha
I am not quite sure what you are asking. In the Tools/Options you can set
up various options including the folders.
If you want to hack the templates (but be very careful), look in the
wizards folders under your installation.