How to get Python make to detect /usr/local/ssl

Discussion in 'Python' started by B.A.S., Dec 8, 2011.

  1. B.A.S.

    B.A.S. Guest

    Any Python developers out there that help me?

    I would like to configure/make Python so it uses my local OpenSSL-1.0.0e install in /usr/local/ssl.

    I have tried uncommenting the promising section of
    ../Python 2.7.2/Modules/Setup.dist below without success.

    How to do it! Would like to upgrade SQLite as well...

    ------ snip of Setup.dist ------------

    # Socket module helper for socket(2)
    _socket socketmodule.c

    # Socket module helper for SSL support; you must comment out the other
    # socket line above, and possibly edit the SSL variable:
    SSL=/usr/local/ssl
    _ssl _ssl.c \
    -DUSE_SSL -I$(SSL)/include -I$(SSL)/include/openssl \
    -L$(SSL)/lib -lssl -lcrypto

    Brad
    B.A.S., Dec 8, 2011