How to get rid of the "arrow" on the menus

heat

Hello,

I started to play with asp.net 2.0, I love the new menu control. Right
now I'm trying to get rid of the arrow that shows up when you have a
sub-menu. How can I do this???

Thanks

Marlene

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

why? have your users complained about this? I assume the software you are
building is for your users and not for you. In that case you should probably
ask before attempting to change internal stuff like that.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

heat

I want to be able to manipulate it, maybe change it ....
why??? It's difficult to do

heat said:
Hello,

I started to play with asp.net 2.0, I love the new menu control. Right
now I'm trying to get rid of the arrow that shows up when you have a
sub-menu. How can I do this???

Thanks

Marlene

Patrice

I don't have 2.0 handy but if I remember each control uses its own private
directory for resources. In this case the easiet way to proceed would likely
be to just replace the default image with whatever you want (assuming this
is an image) (if this option is not contralable, else you could liekly
adjust this in a skin file or in your code if you have just a single place).

--
Patrice

heat said:
Hello,

I started to play with asp.net 2.0, I love the new menu control. Right
now I'm trying to get rid of the arrow that shows up when you have a
sub-menu. How can I do this???

Thanks

Marlene

Juan T. Llibre

If there's a sub-menu, the arrow has to be there.

What you can do, to get rid of the arrows,
is run all the links as primary links with no sub-menus.

i.e., run your sitemap nodes individually, closing each of them :

That's what I did at the ASP.NET FAQ :

<siteMapNode title="The ASP.NET FAQ" url="~/default.aspx" description="Home">
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode title="Basic ASP.NET Info" url="~/basic.aspx" description="Basic ASP.NET
Info">
</siteMapNode>

See it running without arrows at : http://asp.net.do/faq/

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
==========================

Juan T. Llibre

See my reply...

heat said:
Hello,

I started to play with asp.net 2.0, I love the new menu control. Right
now I'm trying to get rid of the arrow that shows up when you have a
sub-menu. How can I do this???

Thanks

Marlene

Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP said:
why? have your users complained about this? I assume the software you are
building is for your users and not for you. In that case you should probably
ask before attempting to change internal stuff like that.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

I don't know what's more insane:

a) You jumping all over someone for asking a very reasonable question, and putting him on the defense for something that plenty of developers are doing daily.

b) You not knowing the StaticEnableDefaultPopOutImage property, which when set to false, disables the little black arrow. I would harldy call setting a property of a public member "changing internal stuf".

Before you jump on a high horse and start tossing around your opinion, you might to at least google the issue yourself, or perhaps get something just a smidge better than cursory knowledge.

Remaining on topic, there is another property of StaticPopOutImageUrl which can be quite useful. Half the time you want to get rid of the black arrow in total, but sometimes you want to swap it out for something better. Have fun.

Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can't agree more!
This is just what I'm looking for.
Thanks a lot for your information

radpin said:
I don't know what's more insane:

a) You jumping all over someone for asking a very reasonable question, and putting him on the defense for something that plenty of developers are doing daily.

b) You not knowing the StaticEnableDefaultPopOutImage property, which when set to false, disables the little black arrow. I would harldy call setting a property of a public member "changing internal stuf".

Before you jump on a high horse and start tossing around your opinion, you might to at least google the issue yourself, or perhaps get something just a smidge better than cursory knowledge.

Remaining on topic, there is another property of StaticPopOutImageUrl which can be quite useful. Half the time you want to get rid of the black arrow in total, but sometimes you want to swap it out for something better. Have fun.

Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Radpin-

Haha I had to join the forum just so I could paste this reply. I completely agree with you, those guys are a bunch of deuche bags (scrotums) lol

Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
baka87 said:
Radpin-

Haha I had to join the forum just so I could paste this reply. I completely agree with you, those guys are a bunch of deuche bags (scrotums) lol
I have done exactly the same! Radpin's put down of this pompous jerk is an absolute classic. I was googling in the hope of finding an answer to the very same question... and found it. Thank you, Radpin!

To you, Alvin Bruney, all I can say is: I hope you enjoy a successful career as a consultant... employed by my competitors.

Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
radpin said:
I don't know what's more insane:

a) You jumping all over someone for asking a very reasonable question, and putting him on the defense for something that plenty of developers are doing daily.

b) You not knowing the StaticEnableDefaultPopOutImage property, which when set to false, disables the little black arrow. I would harldy call setting a property of a public member "changing internal stuf".

Before you jump on a high horse and start tossing around your opinion, you might to at least google the issue yourself, or perhaps get something just a smidge better than cursory knowledge.

Remaining on topic, there is another property of StaticPopOutImageUrl which can be quite useful. Half the time you want to get rid of the black arrow in total, but sometimes you want to swap it out for something better. Have fun.
:star: Thank you also.. I was also trying to get rid of that annoying little bugger... your post was extremely helpful... now I can move forward to where I want to go...
.
To the guy who was being a prick... :finger: