How to get safearray from a Component

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Patrice FRITSCH, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Does anybody know how to retrieve a safearray from a Component ?

    In my asp code, I create an instance of the object, and I try to retrieve an
    array of 3 strings.

    Set myObject = CreateObject("A.B")
    Dim arrSoft(3)

    iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft...)

    I tried
    iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft)
    iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft())
    iRet = myObject.GetSoftVersions(arrSoft(0))
    and got each time an error message.

    The m├ęthod in the object is defined like this :
    STDMETHODIMP XXXXXXX::GetSoftVersions(SAFEARRAY **versionTable, unsigned int
    *RetValue)
    and should return the array of 3 strings containing the software versions.

    Can anybody help ???
    Thank in adavance.
    Patrice
    Patrice FRITSCH, Oct 26, 2005