    I am a beginner of .net. I would like to create an interface which accepts
    the WSDL url and should return the methods. It is a dynamic call. Is it
    possible to do that?

    Anjali, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Anjali

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    Well, this is certainly not a beginner problem. What you are trying to do
    seems to be to repeat the very complicated logic that is housed in the
    WSDL.exe tool that ships with .NET. Writing a dynamic WSDL reader requires
    very in-depth understanding of the intricate and complex possible options
    that one has in a WSDL file.

    A starting point might be to write a class that can consume a WSDL file...
    you can find the schema for WSDL on SOAP.org. I can say this, I'm not a
    beginner, and I've tried to write this class - and gave up because the
    large number of very complex options available to WSDL (it is very
    flexible). We have a team dedicated to this problem here at Microsoft -
    and they manage the proxy generators, and the serializer.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    Dan Rogers, Dec 1, 2004