How to get the data from a WSDL file from a c# Program?

Anjali

Hi,

I am a beginner of .net. I would like to create an interface which accepts
the WSDL url and should return the methods. It is a dynamic call. Is it
possible to do that?

Dan Rogers

Hi,

Well, this is certainly not a beginner problem. What you are trying to do
seems to be to repeat the very complicated logic that is housed in the
WSDL.exe tool that ships with .NET. Writing a dynamic WSDL reader requires
very in-depth understanding of the intricate and complex possible options
that one has in a WSDL file.

A starting point might be to write a class that can consume a WSDL file...
you can find the schema for WSDL on SOAP.org. I can say this, I'm not a
beginner, and I've tried to write this class - and gave up because the
large number of very complex options available to WSDL (it is very
flexible). We have a team dedicated to this problem here at Microsoft -
and they manage the proxy generators, and the serializer.

I hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation