How to get the keycode press in a web form

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Vincent,

Since ASP.NET web application is stateless, the server-side page event
model doesn't support those frequent and realtime interactive event such as
"key press" and "key down"...

Normally, we'll use client-side script to handle such key press event. Here
are some web articles introducing this:

#EVENT HANDLER: onKeyPress
http://www.devguru.com/technologies/ecmascript/QuickRef/evhan_onkeypress.htm

#Handling cross browser key press events in JavaScript
http://dev.kanngard.net/Permalinks/ID_20050426091851.html

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Vincent,

Have you resolved the issue? If you have any further questions, welcome to
post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead