How to get the list of all my open file(descriptor)s and locks?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ismael Farfán, Sep 19, 2012.

  1. Hello list

    >From man 2 EXECVE

    "By default, file descriptors remain open across an execve()"

    And from man 2 FCNTL
    "Record locks are... preserved across an execve(2)."

    So the question:
    * If I execve a python script (from C), how can I retrieve the list of
    files, and optionally the list of locks, from within the execve(d)
    python process so that I can use them?

    Some more info:
    I'm working with exotic stuff like AIX and Solaris 10 (Windows and
    linux too :) and my lowest common denominator is python 2.3.

    >From a standalone test within the interpreter I'd expect to get (at

    least) std(in/out/err).

    If more information is needed in order to help me, please let me know.

    Cheers
    Ismael

    --
    Do not let me induce you to satisfy my curiosity, from an expectation,
    that I shall gratify yours. What I may judge proper to conceal, does

    Ismael Farfán, Sep 19, 2012