How to get the pid of a process that send a signal to my program

hugo.arregui

Hi!

well, i have written a signal handler on my code, but i want to know
the pid of the process that send the signal. It's possible?

(I'm working on linux)

Thanks you.

hugo.arregui

Thanks you Keith, but Veza answer my question, i didn't read sigaction
parameters.

My fault xD.

Antoninus Twink

You still don't know if the answer is correct, and even if it was
Veza had no business answering it here, where it is off topic.

If you're still reading, please note that Thomson and Falconer have a
very narrow view of topicality, not shared by many other posters. Don't
let them bully you into not asking questions here in future.

Nick Keighley

On 12 Jun 2008 at  0:15, CBFalconer wrote

If you're still reading, please note that Thomson and Falconer have a
very narrow view of topicality, not shared by many other posters. Don't
let them bully you into not asking questions here in future.

please note Twink is a troll that tries to encourage
off-topic postings in order to disrupt the group.
It is best to ignore him.
Please do ask questions about the C programming language.

Kenny McCormack

If you're still reading, please note that Thomson and Falconer have a
very narrow view of topicality, not shared by many other posters. Don't
let them bully you into not asking questions here in future.

They are such old women - it is absolutely scary.

Just examine CBF's text above. Can't you just see some old biddy
with absolutely no life, worrying about other people's behavior?