How to get the previous url in dot net

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by srinivas, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. srinivas

    srinivas Guest

    Hi,

    i am a dot net developer.In our site we have a requirement like
    url masking.

    Example : We have 2 domains like google and srinivas .If we browse the
    google domain html page it will show srinivas domain default.aspx page.

    For this i used i frame in the test.html page in google domain.Now we
    are able to see the google url in the address bar and we are accessing
    srinivas domain page(in iframe).everything is working fine here.

    I need to track the urls here.For this i used
    Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"].ToString(); for getting the
    url.

    It is working fine in the internet explorer but it is failing in
    mozilla and netscape.Is there any method to work in all browsers.

    Thanks,
    srinivas

    srinivas, Nov 8, 2005

  2. srinivas

    zif Guest

    srinivas wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i am a dot net developer.In our site we have a requirement like
    > url masking.

    Then why no ask in a .NET group?

    > Example : We have 2 domains like google and srinivas .If we browse the
    > google domain html page it will show srinivas domain default.aspx page.

    So users browse Google but the address bar shows your site?

    > For this i used i frame in the test.html page in google domain.Now we
    > are able to see the google url in the address bar and we are accessing
    > srinivas domain page(in iframe).everything is working fine here.

    Hang on ... now you want users to think they are browsing Google when in
    fact they are on your site?

    > I need to track the urls here.For this i used
    > Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"].ToString(); for getting the
    > url.

    So you want to let people surf the web while you quietly track
    everything they do?

    > It is working fine in the internet explorer but it is failing in
    > mozilla and netscape.Is there any method to work in all browsers.

    I don't think anyone here wants to help you snoop on unsuspecting visitors.

    --
    Zif

    zif, Nov 8, 2005