    thanks

    Harold
    , Oct 14, 2004

  2. Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Harold,

    The easiest way to get a valid XML payload that would fit into a SOAP Body
    is serialize from a class that represents your SOAP:Body payload into a
    stream, file, etc. If you are starting with a schema, you can create the
    class implementations with tools such as XSD.exe or even XsdObjectGen.exe,
    and then at run-time fill out the data in your classes, and then serialize
    to the XML.

    As far as SOAP bindings for SMTP and other transports, this is planned on
    being supported in the Indigo timeframe. Until then you will need to
    implement your own Envelope constructs (simple enough) and serialize the
    entire thing and bind it to the appropriate transport elements.

    I searched for "SOAP over SMTP" on the web and found there are many others
    trying to find the same asnwer. There are some free and commercial
    products that implement some sort of SOAP over SMTP or email as well.

    I hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices