how to get training in using eclipse for java projects

marlow.andrew

Can anyone please recommend training courses/organisations for using
eclipse on established java projects. All the tutorials/documentation
etc I have seen so far explain how to use eclipse for a new project
that has no source code until until you create it. I am finding that
for me the challenge is to get eclipse working for a project I join
where there is source code there already. I am in the UK so UK
training is strongly preferred (I won't rule out attending a course
that is outside the UK).

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

Amit Jain

Can anyone please recommend training courses/organisations for using
eclipse on established java projects. All the tutorials/documentation
etc I have seen so far explain how to use eclipse for a new project
that has no source code until until you create it. I am finding that
for me the challenge is to get eclipse working for a project I join
where there is source code there already. I am in the UK so UK
training is strongly preferred (I won't rule out attending a course
that is outside the UK).

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

Hi,
You can found online tutorial on elicpse.

Thanks
Amit Jain

marlow.andrew

Hi,
You can found online tutorial on elicpse.

Thanks
Amit Jain

All the tutorials/documentation etc I have seen so far explain how to
use eclipse for a new project that has no source code until until you
create it. That's the problem.

Jean-Baptiste Nizet

Can anyone please recommend training courses/organisations for using
eclipse on established java projects. All the tutorials/documentation
etc I have seen so far explain how to use eclipse for a new project
that has no source code until until you create it. I am finding that
for me the challenge is to get eclipse working for a project I join
where there is source code there already. I am in the UK so UK
training is strongly preferred (I won't rule out attending a course
that is outside the UK).

If the project already exists, and its developers already use Eclipse,
the Eclipse project should already exist in their version control
system. You would just have to get the files from this version control
system, start Eclipse, select File - Import... and choose "Existing
project into workspace", then point to the project directory and hit
the Finish button.
If the other developers don't use Eclipse and you want to, then you
just have to create a new Eclipse project in the directory of the
project, and then choose the right source packages and libraries. It
all depends on the structure chosen for the project. It's pretty
common to have
- one source directory
- one test directory containing a source directory for unit tests, and
a bin directory for compiled test classes and perhaps a lib directory
for test dependencies
- one bin directory for compiled classes
- one lib directory for the project dependencies (jar files)

Mapping this kind of structure in Eclipse is straightforward.

JB.

Lew

All the tutorials/documentation etc I have seen so far explain how to
use eclipse for a new project that has no source code until until you
create it. That's the problem.

Strange. I went to the eclipse.org documentation page and typed
"existing" into the search field, and
<http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/
tasks/tasks-importproject.htm>
was the first link it showed me, among many. The next page from that
link discusses how to import from the file system, using a filter to
include only the desired resources.

The search term "import" on that site gave similarly useful results.