    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Lloyd Sheen
    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 6, 2007

  2. Lloyd Sheen

    Jacques Guest

    Have you tried this using one IE browser and the other Firefox?

    Jacques, Dec 6, 2007

  3. Lloyd Sheen

    bruce barker Guest

    switch to cookieless sessions, as the broser shares the session cookie.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 6, 2007
  4. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Jacques" <> wrote in message
    > Have you tried this using one IE browser and the other Firefox?
    >
    > "Lloyd Sheen" wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to get two seperate sessions on the same workstation. I have
    >> put the sessionid as a label on the page and I get only one sessionid if
    >> open two "sessions" in seperate IE executions. I also get the same if I
    >> embed a webbrowser control into a windows application.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Lloyd Sheen

    Not an option.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 6, 2007
  5. Lloyd Sheen

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "bruce barker" <> wrote in message
    > switch to cookieless sessions, as the broser shares the session cookie.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > Lloyd Sheen wrote:
    >> I am trying to get two seperate sessions on the same workstation. I have
    >> put the sessionid as a label on the page and I get only one sessionid if
    >> I open two "sessions" in seperate IE executions. I also get the same if
    >> I embed a webbrowser control into a windows application.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Lloyd Sheen

    Not an option.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Dec 6, 2007
  6. Lloyd Sheen

    bruce barker Guest

    as the browser will share the session cookie (you can not change this),
    you will need to write you own session handler. you can store your
    session data in a collection in session, and store a key in a hidden
    field on the page. be sure to include the key in the url on a redirect.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 6, 2007
  7. Lloyd Sheen

    Andy Fish Guest

    the session cookies are shared between all the IE windows owned by one
    specific iexplore.exe (e.g using open new window etc)

    each time you open up internet explorer from the start menu (or just
    start/run iexplore), you will get a new iexplore.exe which will not share
    sessions with the others

    I use this all the time for testing web apps

    Andy Fish, Dec 6, 2007
  8. Lloyd Sheen

    > as the browser will share the session cookie (you can not change this),
    > you will need to write you own session handler. you can store your session
    > data in a collection in session, and store a key in a hidden field on the
    > page. be sure to include the key in the url on a redirect.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > Lloyd Sheen wrote:
    >>
    >> "bruce barker" <> wrote in message
    >>> switch to cookieless sessions, as the broser shares the session cookie.
    >>>
    >>> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    >> Not an option.
    >>
    >> LS

    Seems that a CTL-F5 will do the trick.