How To Get Unicode Characters To Work In URL?

mpyles

I have the following reference to an image in my web page. The name of the image is simply one Chinese character followed by .jpg.
<a HREF="transfer/rad0/﨨.jpg" TARGET="_blank">﨨.jpg</a>
The Chinese character is HTML encoded. I'm specifically setting UTF8 encoding w/codepage 65001 in each web page. When I right click this URL and attempt to download the image to disk, I get an error saying the web server can't locate the URL. In the error message, the Chinese character is displayed as ? (question mark). It works if the URL has only ASCII characters in it.
What do I need to do to be able to download images via URLs that contain Chinese (Unicode) characters?

Steven Burn

URLEncode?

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

mpyles said:
I have the following reference to an image in my web page. The name of
the image is simply one Chinese character followed by .jpg.
<a HREF="transfer/rad0/?.jpg" TARGET="_blank">?.jpg</a>