How to get userid using Net::LDAP

Varun Goel

Hi all,
I am able to connect to ldap server through my ror application and
now i wanna fetch more information about user using LDAP.
Actually in my application i am authenticating through username and
password now i wanna fetch more information about the user from LDAP
server.
Please tell me the steps or some code snippet that hopw to get more
information about authenticated user.

Thanks
Varun

Francis Cianfrocca

Hi all,
I am able to connect to ldap server through my ror application and
now i wanna fetch more information about user using LDAP.
Actually in my application i am authenticating through username and
password now i wanna fetch more information about the user from LDAP
server.
Please tell me the steps or some code snippet that hopw to get more
information about authenticated user.

There is a very extensive Rdoc in the Net::LDAP library, which includes a
introduction to the principles of LDAP, typical LDAP servers, and the
information available from them.

By chance, did you happen to read it?

Varun Goel

Hi,
I am not able to see rdoc for Net::LDAP please tell me where i can see
this Rdocs please tell me the site name.
If possible tell me some code snippet or function to get more
information about the user through ldap server.

Thanks
Varun

David Morton