    to do so, but not sure if there's a corresponding mechanism to get info from
    active directory.
    Thanks!

    GoCMS, Jan 14, 2005

  2. ADSI. Take a look at the code samples here.
    http://www.15seconds.com/issue/020130.htm

    --

    Ray at work
    Microsoft ASP/ASP.NET MVP

    "GoCMS" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, all:
    > This might be a newbie question. How to get a user's name and email from
    > his/her NT login? I know that in .net, we can user

    System.DirectoryServices

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 14, 2005

  3. GoCMS

    GoCMS Guest

    Thanks for the reply! Is there any search functions similar to
    DirectorySearcher in .NET? I mean, if a user is not in active directory, I
    want the application to fail decently. The GetObject(
    "WinNT:/myDomain/myUser" ) will just give "network path not found" error in
    ASP.

    GoCMS, Jan 14, 2005